Animal Care Supervisor, Live In, Full Time
Animal Care Supervisor, Live in, Full-Time
Animal Place’s Rescue Ranch
Organization Description: Animal Place is an animal rights organization promoting the complete protection of farmed animals and a vegan lifestyle. There are two facilities: a 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals as well as education center and the 60-acre Rescue Ranch facility in Vacaville, CA. Rescue Ranch provides a temporary home for adoptable farmed animals, with a special emphasis on chickens from the egg industry. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before considering applying.
Rescue Ranch began in 2010 and since then, more than 25,000 animals have been saved, primarily hens rescued from egg farms prior to slaughter but also turkeys, sheep, goats, llamas, and pigs.
Job Title: Animal Care Supervisor
Job Status: Full-time, live-in (single occupancy studio)
Immediate Supervisor: Rescue Ranch Manager
The full-time live-in animal care supervisor is responsible for assisting the Rescue Ranch manager in the oversight of animal care and caregivers. Duties include cleaning barns, feeding animals, and providing veterinary/medical care to the animals. Additional responsibilities include working with adopters who pick up animals and supervising staff and volunteers and filling in for the manager when requested.
- Minimum 1-yr supervisory experience
- Passionate about working for and with farmed animals, previous experience required
- Reliable and dependable
- Good animal behavior and observation skills
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold/wet weather (average low is 35F) and hot summers (average high is 95-100F)
- Able to lift 30-40 pounds and perform strenuous/manual labor
- Works well with a variety of people
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Able to follow detailed instructions and meet time sensitive demands
- Able to learn and process new information quickly
- Team player and self motivator
- Comfortable dealing politely with the general public
- Committed to Animal Place’s mission and a desire to be a part of the Animal Place family
- Willing to work on weekend/holidays/varying shift times
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (subject to verification)
- Personal cell phone required (not paid for by Animal Place)
- Supervising animal care and staff and volunteers during Rescue Ranch manager weekends
- Overseeing property when Rescue Ranch manager is offsite
- Animal feeding/watering and maintaining animal feed schedules
- Daily animal health care and maintaining treatment records
- Dispensing medications to sick animals
- Daily cleaning duties and maintaining the shelter areas
- Aiding with weekly animal health checks
- Training and supervising shelter volunteers
- Handling or supervising staff when adopters pick up animals
Extra Live-In Responsibilities
- After hours responsibilities as needed
- On-call responsibility 2-3 days/week
Hours/Days: 40 hours
Compensation: Salary based on experience, studio housing provided (including utilities), paid vacation, health insurance. Furnishings of studio apartment optional. Studio apartment is single-occupancy only.
Start Date: flexible
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com In subject line, write Rescue Ranch Animal Care Supervisor application.
Faxes cannot be accepted. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.