Digital Fundraising Coordinator
Digital Fundraising & Education Coordinator
Organization Description: Animal Place is an animal rights organization promoting the complete protection of farmed animals and a vegan lifestyle. There are three facilities: a 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals as well as education center, the 60-acre Rescue Ranch adoption facility in Vacaville, CA, and our brick-and-mortar vegan store the Vegan Republic. Rescue Ranch provides temporary home for adoptable farmed animals, with a special emphasis on chickens from the egg industry. Animal Place’s Vegan Republic is located in Berkeley, CA and delivers vegan food and merchandise to customers with all profits benefiting the sanctuary. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before considering applying.
Job Title: Digital Fundraising & Education Coordinator
Job Status: Part-time, contract
Region Specific Location (Sacramento): Remote position, must be within 1 hour driving distance to Grass Valley office, able to come into Grass Valley office once a week.
Job Description: Implement a coordinated digital fundraising plan that includes expanding online giving program and donor engagement and nurturing. Aid education department in the promotion of Animal Place’s mission of veganism through writing, tours, tabling, corporate giving, and other outreach efforts.
- A strong commitment to Animal Place’s mission of veganism and animal rights.
- Familiarity with Pardot, Salesforce, Classy, and WordPress strongly encouraged.
- At least two years experience working in non-profit and specifically with online marketing and/or digital fundraising.
- A work history that shows a progressively challenging work experience.
- Ability to work independently and remotely in a fashion that maintains strong and open lines of communication with supervisor and colleagues.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of current fundraising trends, social media, mobile, and pertinent digital acquisition trends.
- Strong writing skills, with 2-3 samples of varied styles of writing.
- Flexible schedule and comfort traveling to Grass Valley sanctuary 1 time a week and whenever needed.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Design experience suggested but not required.
- Project management experience in digital material and marketing required.
- Able to meet deadlines, under pressure.
- Familiarity with farmed animal issues and veganism.
- Develop and implementation of digital fundraising programs including e-newsletters, e-mail acquisition, online content monetization, digital fundraising via website, e-mail, mobile, and social media.
- Manage engagement and cultivation of leads acquired through online fundraising, and create ways to foster higher giving levels.
- Assist in email marketing to expand re-curring gift program (monthly donors), sponsorship program (animal foster sponsor), and other online donor acquisition ideas.
- Assist with social media coordinator to foster member cultivation on social media, web, mobile, and developing platforms.
- Create digital fundraising and membership procedures to ensure digital donors receive a structured, appropriate online and digital giving opportunities.
- Work with the education director to set benchmarks across all digital fundraising channels.
- Evaluate and reports monthly on project accomplishments and budgets. Analyze data and make recommendations.
- Improve response rates and increase online donor retention.
- Promote the work of the sanctuary through online media.
- Assist with online and offline fundraising efforts.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references to email@example.com with
About Animal Place: Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary for farmed animals and an education/advocacy organization. It operates several facilities: a 600-acre permanent sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA; a 60-acre farmed animal adoption center in Vacaville, CA; a brick and mortar vegan store in Berkeley, CA; a 15-acre residential internship property in Grass Valley; and a 7-acre onsite Guest House and educational site in Grass Valley, CA (next door to the sanctuary).
Please visit our website prior to applying: www.animalplace.org