Get Involved – Job OpeningsWant to put your compassion into action and join a dedicated team of activists and animal lovers at Animal Place sanctuary? Check out our job openings!
Job Opening – Store Clerk
Animal Place’s Vegan Republic Store
Organization Description: Animal Place is an animal rights organization promoting the complete protection of farmed animals and a vegan lifestyle. There are three facilities: a 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals as well as education center, the 60-acre Rescue Ranch adoption facility in Vacaville, CA, and our brick-and-mortar vegan store the Vegan Republic. Rescue Ranch provides temporary home for adoptable farmed animals, with a special emphasis on chickens from the egg industry. Animal Place’s Vegan Republic is located in Berkeley, CA and delivers vegan food and merchandise to customers with all profits benefiting the sanctuary. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before considering applying.
Job Title: Store Clerk at Animal Place’s Vegan Republic, 1624 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA
Job Status: Part-time (32 hours)
Job Description: The store Clerk assists with placing orders, tracking inventory, customer relations, organizing store events, assisting with product placement, social media, and promoting the store.
- Experience in retail, preferred
- Team player
- Interested in promoting animal rights and Animal Place’s mission
- Able to follow detailed instructions and meet time sensitive requests
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift 40 pounds comfortably
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (subject to verification)
- Familiarity with Shopkeep preferred but not required
- Work closely with Manager in all store duties
- Assist in placing orders with vendors
- Tracking inventory and modifying purchasing based on results
- Maintaining a clean and organized floor and office
- Assist in coordinating onsite events
- Assist in communicating to Grass Valley social media and outreach staff
- Maintaining and enforcing pricing policies
- Picking up local orders
- Help recruit, train, and schedule volunteers
- Table at outreach events
- Assist customers
- Respond to consumer complaints, concerns, and requests
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements
- Submit weekly reports that include income, expenses, details of best sellers
- Help maintain daily sales log
Hours/Days: 32 hours/week, part-time, required to share holidays.
Salary: TBD based on experience
Start Date: Immediate
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, write Store Clerk application.
Faxes cannot be accepted. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.