Get Involved – Job OpeningsWant to put your compassion into action and join a dedicated team of activists and animal lovers at Animal Place sanctuary? Check out our job openings!
Part-time Caregiver – Vacaville, CA
Part-Time Animal Caregiver
Animal Place Rescue Ranch Sanctuary & Adoption Center
Organization Description: Animal Place is an animal rights organization promoting the complete protection of farmed animals and a vegan lifestyle. There are two facilities: a 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals as well as education center and the 60-acre Rescue Ranch facility in Vacaville, CA. Rescue Ranch provides temporary home for adoptable farmed animals, with a special emphasis on chickens from the egg industry. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before considering applying.
Job Title: Animal Caregiver
Job Status: Part-time, Vacaville
Immediate Supervisor: Rescue Ranch Manager
Job Description: The Part-Time Animal Caregiver assists in the care of anywhere from 500-2,000 animals (primarily hens from egg industry) at our adoption center, under supervision of the Rescue Ranch Manager. Animal Caregivers are responsible for the cleaning, feeding, and medication of the animals. See below for specific responsibilities and duties.
- Passionate about working for and with farmed animals, especially chickens.
- Keen interest in the animal welfare/rights movement is encouraged
- Vegan preferred (vegetarian required)
- Reliable and dependable
- Good animal behavior and observation skills
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold/wet weather (average low is 35F) and hot summers (average high is 95-100F)
- Able to lift 30-40 pounds and perform strenuous/manual labor
- Work well with a variety of people
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Able to follow detailed instructions and meet time sensitive demands
- Able to learn and process new information quickly
- Team player and self motivator
- Committed to Animal Place’s mission and a desire to be a part of the Animal Place family
- Willing to work on weekend/holidays/varying shift times
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (subject to verification)
- Daily cleaning of barns, enclosures, and pastures (when needed).
- Animal feeding/watering and maintaining animal feed schedules
- Daily animal health care and maintaining treatment records
- Aiding with health checks
- Assisting on rescues, as needed
- Assisting with veterinary visits and setting up treatment protocols
- Completing shelter projects as assigned
Hours/Days: 15-20 hours/week, part-time, days of week may vary; schedule subject to change anytime, required to work most holidays
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume via email email@example.com. In subject line, write Part-Time Animal Caregiver application.
Faxes cannot be accepted. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
Job Opening – Social Media and Outreach Coordinator
Organization: Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary for farmed animals and an education/advocacy organization. It operates three shelters in northern California. Its headquarters is located on 600-acres in Grass Valley, (60 miles north of Sacramento). This position will be working out of the Grass Valley site alongside a staff of twelve.
Position Objectives: To expand and maintain a thriving social media, expand our presence offline and online, and provide administrative assistance to the Education Department
Job Title: Social Media and Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Education Director
Social Media Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the management of social media for the organization included but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Blog, Pinterest, YouTube
- Expand online presence
- Write articles/blogs related to Animal Place’s mission
- Create content related to Animal Place and its mission for social media channels
- Assist in the update and maintenance of website
- Coordinate the weekly e-alert to subscribers
- Stay informed on news and media related to social media and animal rights
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Education Director
- Work directly with Education department on effective use of social tools to promote our message, content, and campaigns
- Assist in the integration of social and mobile media into organization’s platform and messaging
- Manage potential advertising in social media
- Track analytic data with certain social media platforms and track effectiveness
Outreach Coordinator Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate Animal Place onsite and offsite events
- Promote, assist in the scheduling of, and run guided sanctuary tours throughout the year
- Partner and work with schools to facilitate onsite experiential learning and tours.
- Schedule and table at offsite events related to Animal Place’s mission
- Work to facilitate increased community awareness
- Assist in fundraising efforts included but not limited to: facilitating email acquisition via Care2 petitions, writing text for small fundraising campaigns, utilizing crowdfunding technology for small fundraising campaigns
- Supervise advocacy interns
- Strong interest in promoting veganism and animal rights, specifically farmed animals
- Experience managing social media platforms effectively
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Experience with data-tracking analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, FB Insights, Hootsuite, etc)
- Strong and proven ability to communicate effectively and tactfully online
- Experience publishing on blogs, photo/video sharing sites, social networking with a good online reputation
- Experience and familiarity with Google Docs, HootSuite, WordPress, etc.
- Well organized with ability to coordinate large events.
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills (samples required)
- Comfortable and confident working collaboratively in a group setting
- Flexible schedule
- Skilled at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
Salary and benefits: Based on Experience
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org