Get Involved – Volunteer
So you want to do more with your love of animals? Muck out barns? Assist with running tours? Help with chicken and rabbit health checks? Educate the public through tabling or classes? Play with animals? Join our volunteer team today!
- All prospective volunteers must attend an orientation.
- Volunteers must be eighteen and older.
- Animal care: Help clean barns and socialize animals. Available at our Grass Valley & Vacaville locations.
- Animal transport: Assist our adoption efforts by transporting chickens to our Flock Partner shelters.
- Animal adoptions: Follow up with previous adopters and occasionally assist with pre-screening, help with adoption events
- Education and outreach: Table at offsite and onsite events, assist with barn supervision, merchandise tables, parking, etc.
- Vegan Store: Help stock shelves, clean, and assist with events at our Berkeley vegan store Animal Place’s Vegan Republic
Volunteer orientations are held at the Grass Valley location or at our store in Berkeley, CA. Volunteer opportunities are available at all of our locations – Grass Valley (main sanctuary), Vacaville (rescue and adoption center), and Berkeley (vegan store). Orientations are held every 10-12 weeks, depending. Please check out our calendar of events for upcoming orientations.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com