Internships – Animal Rights, Advocacy and Outreach Internship
The animal rights internship is perfect for the individual with a drive to create meaningful change for all farmed animals through behavior change and education! You will work with Animal Place education and program staff. This diverse internship allows you the opportunity to advocate for farmed animals directly at our 600-acre sanctuary (and interact with the animals) while also taking you offsite to interact with the public at outreach, tabling and other offsite events.
- Helping change behavior
- Intimate knowledge of rescued animals and their stories
- Learning the daily operations of a sanctuary for farmed animals
- Educating the public about veganism, farmed animal behavior and farming
- Improving public speaking and communication skills
- Learning to table and leaflet
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with guided sanctuary tours
- Creating social media and website content
- Writing articles for magazine or outreach
- Interviewing adopters
- Managing and updating adopter database
- Assisting with adoption and outreach events
- Assisting with organizing events at the sanctuary
- Interest and commitment to advocating on behalf of farmed animals
- Basic knowledge on animal rights issues pertaining to farmed animals
- Comfortable discussing veganism in a positive manner (Note: if you wish to run guided tours, it is ideal if you are already vegan)
- Good public speaking skills (if working with directly with the public) and writing skills (if you are interested in writing, please be prepared to submit writing examples).
- Ability to manage a project individually and effectively
- Comfortable with MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with others
- Capabilities: Able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities document, with or without reasonable accommodation.