Animal Place Job Openings
Positions Available: Full-time Facilities Maintenance Manager
JOB TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION OBJECTIVES: Responsible for the maintenance and general upkeep of the buildings and land at both Grass Valley properties. The two sites have combined three houses, one apartment, one office building, six new metal barns, three older wooden barns, a workshop, three wells, several outbuildings, and irrigation ditches.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervise and manage contractors.
- Oversees and assist teams of volunteers providing maintenance services such as carpentry. painting, and landscaping.
- Oversees and provides event coordination. Ensures proper scheduling of set up and take down for events.
- Keep all buildings and grounds safe by making sure they meet building code requirements.
- Work with Executive Director to report problems, solutions, and costs associated.
- Provide a weekly status update on all projects.
- Prepare budgets and work scopes for contracted maintenance activities.
- Serve as the primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work.
- Monitor the Land Trust conservation easement.
- Manage and perform all work related to the maintenance of buildings including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial and security.
- Perform basic rough and finished carpentry repairs.
- Perform basic electrical repair work for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, appliances and lightening systems reports unsafe electrical conditions.
- Identify and perform basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks.
- Coordinate fleet maintenance
- Maintain grounds including mowing, trimming, weeding, composting, replacing plants as needed.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines and equipment continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of builds does not deteriorate. Keep accurate records of all maintenance repairs.
- Basic knowledge in the carpentry, plumbing, painting, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring.
- Comprehensive knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance programs and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety principles and practices and ability to identify and recognize unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs safely.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary negotiable. Medical for full-time employees, paid sick time, 2-weeks paid vacation, 6-days paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume to Kim Sturla, executive director email@example.com