Animal Place Job Openings
Positions Available: Full-time Internship & Outreach Coordinator
Internship and Outreach Coordinator
Animal Place, 17314 McCourtney Road, Grass Valley, CA 95949
Organization: Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary and education center for farmed animals. It operates three shelters in northern California. Its headquarters is located on 600-acres in Grass Valley, (60 miles north of Sacramento). This position will be working out of the Grass Valley site alongside a staff of twelve.
Position Objectives: To coordinate the residential internship program, volunteers, and outreach activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and manage the residential internship program: advertise positions, interview and screen applicants, handle orientations, coordinate weekly enrichment educational program, interface with staff in overseeing interns, conduct exit interviews.
- Coordinate the volunteer programs: advertise program, handle orientations, conduct training classes, interface with staff in overseeing interns and volunteers.
- Plan and implement outreach activities
- Assist with all event planning and related activities
- Work with vegan businesses and oversee the Corporate Partnership program
- Interface, network and collaborate with other local and national animal groups
- Represent Animal Place at events and conferences.
- Schedule speaking engagements for staff
- Generate, encourage and maximize community participation
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Interest in and commitment to animal rights and veganism
- Knowledge of factory farming issues
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Basic supervisory skills
- Well organized
- Relationship builder - commitment to work collaboratively with all departments and outside constituent groups
- Ability to professionally advocate Animal Place’s positions on issues
- Experience in navigating different social media platforms
- Self-starter; can work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Previous work in animal protection strongly preferred (paid or volunteer)
- Personable and friendly
Salary and benefits: Housing on sanctuary grounds in one bedroom cottage, medical coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
How to apply: Send resume to Kim Sturla, executive director email@example.com