Fun Run at Animal Place – 5K, 10K, Kids’ Course
All proceeds from the Kompassion Run will benefit Animal Place. There will be awesome swag, vegan food, and tours after the run. Rain or shine, the run begins at 9:30 a.m., so we recommend getting here by 8:30 a.m. for check-in.
Early bird registration: before August 1st
Open registration: August 2nd – September 5th
Late registration: (sorry no t-shirt!) October 1st – October 16th
Early bird prices! Register now!
10K Run + Sanctuary Tour + Tank or T-Shirt ($40.00)
5K Run + Sanctuary Tour + Tank or T-Shirt ($30.00)
Kids Bunny Fun Run + Tour + Shirt ($20.00)
Sanctuary Tour Only – no shirt/no run ($15.00)
Get all the information and register here.About Animal Place Founded in 1989 Animal Place is one of the oldest and largest sanctuaries for farmed animals in the country, operating two facilities in northern California. Nestled on 600-acres in Grass Valley, CA, Animal Place's primary sanctuary provides refuge to hundreds of neglected farmed animals. Animal Place strives to create meaningful change for farmed animals through advocacy and education. Thousands of visitors flock to the sanctuary each year to learn more about the animals and farming. Volunteer classes introduce folks to more ways people can help. Internships are also available. For more information visit, www.animalplace.org or call 530-477-1757.
About Animal Place's Rescue Ranch Started in 2010 on the former 60-acre site of Animal Place's sanctuary, Rescue Ranch is a unique program that involves working directly with farmers and animal control agencies to take in farmed animals who would otherwise face slaughter or euthanasia. Each year, thousands of farmed animals, primarily chickens from the egg industry, are rescued, rehabilitated and rehomed.
Previous Press Releases
- Baby Goat Bella Bounces Into Our Hearts (Video) - March 31, 2016
- Animal Place in the News – December - December 10, 2015
- Media Center – March 2015 News - March 7, 2015
- Sanctuary Pays You To Visit Farm Animals - August 13, 2014
- Felony Cruelty Charges in Hen Abandonment Case - February 11, 2013
- Piglets & Goats Rescued - November 15, 2011
- Abused Lamb Loses Leg - October 29, 2011
- Sacramento Legalizes Hens - August 30, 2011
- Neglected Dairy Calves Find Safe Haven at California Sanctuaries - July 8, 2011
- 290 Hens Fly the Coop to Animal Place - April 26, 2011