JOB TITLE: Program Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: Oversee all Animal Place programs, including but not limited to volunteers, interns, tours, events, campaigns, social media, website, guest house, and Vegan Republic store.
- Supervise employees in the Program Department
- Hold weekly program department meetings
- Meet weekly with Executive Director
- Attend weekly manager’s meetings
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with each employee who reports to you
- In collaboration with Volunteer manager, ensure the volunteer and residential internship program runs smoothly
- Interface with Volunteer Council
- Schedule and coordinate rescues in collaboration with other departments (fund development, animal care, the Rescue & Adoption Center – RAC)
- Oversee the volunteer needs at RAC
- Collaborate with adoption manager on flock partner/shelter and adoption placement
- Collaborate with RAC staff on intakes and rescues
- Work with outreach coordinator in creating education campaigns
- Monitor effectiveness of each campaign.
Social Media and website
- Supervise website content and ensure content is kept updated
- Work with social media manager in determining content for each channel
- Supervise and approve social media content
- Develop annual timeline of newsletter production
- Work in team environment to determine newsletter content and assigning writing responsibilities
- Oversee the production of newsletter from content, copy editing, design, and print
- Develop annual calendar of onsite events
- Oversee offsite tabling events specific to Animal Place and RAC
- Assist Outreach Coordinator in developing timeline and implementation for events
- Oversee several larger onsite events such as the Farmed Animal Conference, Music in the Meadows, Community Day, Thank the Turkeys, Fun Run, Mother’s Day Brunch, and Community Day
- Explore new events to hold at Animal Place
- Ensure projected attendance, income and expenses are met for each event
- Work with Outreach Coordinator in researching speaking opportunities
- Oversee the training and approval of tour docents
- Direct and monitor merchandise purchases and sales
- Supervise the Vegan Republic
- Oversee the Guest House marketing and property management
- A strong commitment to Animal Place’s mission of veganism and animal rights.
- Team player and interested in working collaboratively
- Three years of experience in management preferred
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable learning Salesforce, Classy, and Pardot.
- Extensive familiarity with farmed animal issues and veganism.
- Public speaking skills preferred
BENEFITS: Health insurance, vacation package and sick time
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references to email@example.com
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Animal Place is a non-profit animal rights organization promoting the complete protection of farmed animals and veganism. It runs several facilities throughout California. A 600-acre sanctuary is in Grass Valley, CA serves as a permanent haven for farmed animals as well as an education and advocacy center. In conjunction with the sanctuary, Grass Valley is also home to a 15-acre residential internship property and a 7-acre onsite guest house. The Rescue & Adoption Center is in Petaluma. And, a nonprofit brick and mortar vegan store, Vegan Republic, is in Berkeley, CA. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit its website at www.animalplace.org before applying.
Please become explore our website prior to applying: www.animalplace.org