Volunteer Socializer- Animal Care
Animal Socializer – Level 1, Mentored
Location: Animal Place’s Main Sanctuary, Grass Valley
Objectives: Companionship for rescued animals, developing trusting relationships, allows animals to be more open to human affection, and provides better educational opportunities for sanctuary guests.
Training and Supervision: Attend General Orientation and Socializer Training, reports to volunteer mentor and animal care staff upon check-in
- Socialize with goats, rabbits, sheep, and chickens and provide them with human companionship
- Options: feed them species-specific, staff-approved treats, talk to them, provide physical connection as allowed by individual animals, and groom them
- Interest in working for and with farmed animals
- Sensitive to behavioral cues of animals
- Reliable and dependable
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Team player and self motivator
- Committed to Animal Place’s mission and a desire to be a part of the Animal Place community
Time Commitment: Minimum of two 2-hour shifts per month for three months.
Shifts: Mon-Sat, anytime 10:00am-4:00pm, sign up on volunteer mentoring calendar
Benefits: Hang out with rescued farmed animals! Learn more about farmed animal behavior and the individual personalities and needs of sanctuary residents.