Organization: Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary for farmed animals and an education/advocacy organization. It operates two shelters in northern California. Its headquarters is located on 600-acres in Grass Valley, (60 miles north of Sacramento) with a Rescue & Adoption Center in Petaluma. This position will be working out of the Petaluma site.
Position Objectives: To find permanent placement for hens rescued from the egg industry, various other farmed animals, and dogs. To expand and maintain adoption outreach and database. Assist with animal care duties as necessary. Travel and host adoption events, as needed.
Job Title: Adoption Coordinator
Job Status: Part-Time, Petaluma, CA
Reports to: Animal Care and Property Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Secure placement for adoptable animals
- Screen adoption applicants
- Interview potential adopters
- Perform site inspections, as needed
- Outreach and engagement with animal shelters to grow Flock Partner program
- Communicate with all potential & approved adopters
- Maintain adopter database
- Coordinate adoptions onsite and offsite
- Coordinate and run adoption events
- Coordinate transport of animals as needed
- Develop and keep adoption ads/sites up to date
- Collaborate with programs department to advertise adoption events accordingly
- Assist with placement of farmed animals not in Animal Place custody
- Monitor California shelters for farmed animals needing placement
- Communicate with partnering shelters and sanctuaries
- Assist with various animal care duties as needed
- Assist Animal Care and Property Manager as needed
- Strong communication skills
- Volunteer or employment work in adoption management preferred
- Strong people skills
- Comfortable communicating on the phone
- Enjoys interacting with the public
- Comfortable managing sensitive situations, including declining prospective adopters
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with Google Drive
- Comfortable and confident working collaboratively in a group setting and individually
- Comfortable working remotely or in an office setting
- Flexible schedule, including working adoption events on weekends
- Skilled at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Comfortable handling or learning to handle chickens, sheep, goats, and other farmed animals.
- Strong interest in promoting veganism and animal rights, specifically farmed animals
Salary: TBD based on experience – evaluate in 3-mos with potential pay increase
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Adoption Coordinator in subject line.