Brave the Cage Outreach Tour Coordinator
Animal Place Brave the Cage Outreach Tour Coordinator – NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary for farmed animals and an education/advocacy organization. It operates three shelters in Northern California. Its headquarters is located on 600-acres in Grass Valley, CA (60 miles north of Sacramento). This is a telecommuting position to be based out of the Bay Area or Sacramento area.
Please visit our websites prior to applying: www.animalplace.org and www.bravethecage.org
About the Position:
Animal Place’s Brave the Cage Challenge invites the public (with an emphasis on college campuses) to learn what life is like for 94% of hens in the egg industry by experiencing confinement inside a human-sized battery cage.
To expand Animal Place’s Brave the Cage outreach by traveling extensively and setting up tabling events. This is a telecommuting position to be based out of Sacramento or the Bay Area. May involve up to 8 weeks out of the year traveling across the country. Animal Place provides a van for all travel.
Reports To: Brave the Cage Campaign Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Identify tabling opportunities for the Brave the Cage Challenge in Northern California.
• Coordinate all Northern California Brave the Cage tabling events.
• Drive to tabling location, set up cage and materials and encourage people to spend a few minutes inside a human-sized hen battery cage. Travel
will include some overnight trips.
• Interface with the public in a compassionate, confident, and respectful manner.
• Increase subscriber and support base by acquiring e-mails and other contact information while tabling.
• Coordinate the travel logistics for assigned tours and events.
• Manage expenses.
• Initially focus outreach efforts to college campuses.
• Liaise with Grass Valley office staff about inclusion on social networking sites and corresponding blog posts.
• Catalog and process all data gathered on tabling tours and events.
• Provide written information and photos for different social media channels to the Grass Valley staff to post.
• Work to facilitate increased community awareness; assist in tabling at offsite events related to Animal Place’s mission when needed.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver’s license and a minimum of three years of driving experience with a satisfactory
• Proven knowledge of and interest in animal farming and animal rights issues and in Animal Place’s mission and campaigns.
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to initiate conversations about animal farming issues and veganism and communicate effectively with a variety
• Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively and keep a flexible schedule.
• Familiar with social media platforms and technology.
• Comfortable with Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or similar), and video technology.
• Adherence to a vegan lifestyle.
• Comfortable lifting and managing up to 50-pounds when needed.
• Ability to walk and stand for several hours at a time.
• Support for Animal Place’s philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate Animal Place’s positions on issues.
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
• Comfortable with traveling and being away from “home base” for short periods of time.
Salary and Benefits: TBD, medical coverage, paid vacation.
Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.