Comforting Thai Coconut Soup
Need a comforting soup to get you through the winter? This Thai Coconut Soup is both comforting and packs a punch of flavor. Share it with friends, or save it for lunches throughout the week! This recipe makes about 4 servings.
5 cups veggie stock (I like low sodium)
1 can coconut milk (not lite)
2 Tbs ginger sliced
2 cloves garlic smashed
½ stock of lemongrass chopped
1 tsp lime zest
⅓ block firm tofu cut into cubes
2 Tbs Vegan fish sauce (can substitute soy sauce but double amount)
2 Tbs sugar
Juice of 1 lime
Cilantro and chili oil to garnish
Veggies of choice (about 2 cups total):
– Traditional: Mushroom, green onion
– Optional: Bell pepper, carrot, bok choy, broccoli, noodles, any veg you want!
- Put veggie stock, ginger, garlic, lime zest, and lemongrass in a pot. Simmer for 20-30 mins.
- Remove ginger, garlic & lemongrass(strain or just remove large pieces with slotted spoon).
- Return veggie stock to heat and add vegan fish sauce(or soy), sugar, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Add veggies of choice. Simmer low until veggies are tender.
- Add Tofu.
- Salt to taste.
- Add lime juice.
- Serve and finish with cilantro and chili oil.
Recipe Written By: Antonio Lieberum