Organization Description: Animal Place is an animal rights organization promoting the complete protection of farmed animals and a vegan lifestyle. There are three facilities: a 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals as well as education center, the 60-acre Rescue Ranch adoption facility in Vacaville, CA, and our brick-and-mortar vegan store the Vegan Republic. Rescue Ranch provides temporary home for adoptable farmed animals, with a special emphasis on chickens from the egg industry. Animal Place’s Vegan Republic is located in Berkeley, CA and delivers vegan food and merchandise to customers with all profits benefiting the sanctuary. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before considering applying.
Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Job Status: Part-time, contract
Region Specific Location (Sacramento): Remote position, must be within 1 hour driving distance to Grass Valley office, able to come into Grass Valley office once a week.
Job Description: Coordinate small and large events, promote the sanctuary to community, drive physical traffic to the sanctuary, oversee tour schedule.
- A strong commitment to Animal Place’s mission of veganism and animal rights.
- Ability to work independently and remotely in a fashion that maintains strong and open lines of communication with supervisor and colleagues.
- Outgoing personality and ability to tactfully deal with difficult community questions.
- Strong writing skills, with 2-3 samples of varied styles of writing.
- Flexible schedule and comfort traveling to Grass Valley sanctuary 1 time a week and whenever needed.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines, under pressure.
- Familiarity with farmed animal issues and veganism.
- Develop outreach plan to drive physical visitorship and traffic to Grass Valley sanctuary through events and tours.
- Assist in the coordination, development, and implementation of small, medium, and large onsite and offsite events.
- Schedule guided and private tours.
- Run guided tours.
- Communicate with visitors.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume to email@example.com with Outreach Coordinator in subject line
About Animal Place: Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary for farmed animals and an education/advocacy organization. It operates several facilities: a 600-acre permanent sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA; a 60-acre farmed animal adoption center in Vacaville, CA; a brick and mortar vegan store in Berkeley, CA; a 15-acre residential internship property in Grass Valley; and a 7-acre onsite Guest House and educational site in Grass Valley, CA (next door to the sanctuary).
Please visit our website prior to applying: www.animalplace.org