Job Opening – Full-Time Animal Caregiver
Full-Time Animal Caregiver
Animal Place Sanctuary
Organization Description: Animal Place is an animal rights organization promoting the complete protection of farmed animals and a vegan lifestyle. There are two facilities: a 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals as well as education center and the 60-acre Rescue Ranch facility in Vacaville, CA. Rescue Ranch provides temporary home for adoptable farmed animals, with a special emphasis on chickens from the egg industry. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before considering applying.
Job Title: Animal Caregiver
Job Status: Full-time, Grass Valley
Immediate Supervisor: Animal Care Director
Job Description: The Full-time Animal Caregiver assists in the care of the 200 animals (pigs, chickens, cows, turkeys, sheep, goats, rabbits) living at the sanctuary under supervision of the Animal Care Director. Animal Caregivers are responsible for the cleaning, feeding, and medical care of the animals. See below for specific responsibilities and duties.
- Passionate about working for and with farmed animals
- Keen interest in the animal welfare/rights movement is encouraged
- Reliable and dependable
- Good animal behavior and observation skills
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold/wet weather (average low is 35F) and hot summers (average high is 95-100F)
- Able to lift 40-50 pounds and perform strenuous/manual labor
- Work well with a variety of people
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Able to follow detailed instructions and meet time sensitive demands
- Able to learn and process new information quickly
- Team player and self motivator
- Committed to Animal Place’s mission and a desire to be a part of the Animal Place family
- Willing to work on weekend/holidays/varying shift times
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (subject to verification)
- Vegan or vegetarian diet preferred
- Animal feeding/watering and maintaining animal feed schedules
- Daily animal health care and maintaining treatment records
- Daily cleaning duties and maintaining the shelter areas
- Aiding with weekly health checks
- Assisting with veterinary visits and setting up treatment protocols
- Completing shelter projects as assigned
Hours/Days: 40 hours/week, part-time, at least one weekend day required, required to share holidays.
Salary: TBD based on Experience
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org In subject line, write Full-Time Animal Caregiver application.
Faxes cannot be accepted. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.