Seasonal Part-Time Barn Cleaners
Animal Place is hiring for seasonal part-time barn cleaners
Who is Animal Place? We are a sanctuary and education center for farmed animals in Grass Valley. More than 400 animals permanently live on 600-acreas of beautiful pastures and woods.
We also have a Rescue and Adoption facility in Petaluma which provides temporary housing for adoptable farmed animals, with a special emphasis on chickens from the egg industry.
Please read more about what we do at www.animalplace.org
Who are we interested in hiring?
We are looking for part-time folks who are not afraid to put in a full day of hard work cleaning barns and pastures.
What are some of the tasks we would ask of you?
Aside from keeping the barns and pastures clean, you would help to maintain the sanctuary property, restock supplies (feed, bedding, hay), run errands and get to know the 400+ animals who live here.
What animals live here?
Cows, pigs, donkeys, goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens, and turkeys
Is this the job for you?
It might be. If you answer yes to all the questions below, please apply as you just might be a perfect fit!
- Are you reliable and dependable?
- Can you work outdoors when it is sweltering outside?
- Can you lift 25 pounds and handle strenuous manual labor?
- We assume you like hanging out with animals, but do you work well with people too? We love team players.
- How about following detailed instructions?
And, here are some questions that might earn you some extra credit points
- Are you passionate about working for and with farmed animals?
- Do you have an interest in the animal protection movement?
- How are your animal observation skills? Pretty good?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license and good driving record?
When do we need our seasonal part-time workers?
Now! We have FOUR part-time seasonal positions available from May through August.
What hours do barn cleaners work?
It is a 5-days-a-week, 4-hour shifts. We start early on the farm. Currently all farmhands start around 8:00 am. But, come summertime, we start even earlier.
How much do we pay?
Are you interested?
If so, send us an email and tell us a little bit about yourself. If you have a resume, great! Please attach it, if not, then list your previous jobs and highlight any animal experience you may have.
Email our animal care director Hannah Beins at email@example.com. In the subject line write Part-time barn cleaner application.
This is seasonal part-time work BUT if you shine at your work, you have a good chance of getting hired on as a full-time permanent employee.