Social Media & Digital Fundraising Coordinator
Job Title: Social Media & Digital Fundraising Coordinator
Job Status: Full-time (2 day remote, 3 day at Grass Valley location)
Job Description: Implement a coordinated digital fundraising plan that includes expanding online giving program and donor engagement and nurturing. Aid education department in the promotion of Animal Place’s mission of veganism through writing, tours, tabling, corporate giving, and other outreach efforts. To expand and maintain a thriving social media presence.
- A strong commitment to Animal Place’s mission of veganism and animal rights.
- Familiarity with Pardot, Salesforce, Classy, and WordPress strongly encouraged.
- At least two years experience working in non-profit and specifically with online marketing and/or digital fundraising.
- A work history that shows a progressively challenging work experience.
- Ability to work independently and remotely in a fashion that maintains strong and open lines of communication with supervisor and colleagues.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of current fundraising trends, social media, mobile, and pertinent digital acquisition trends.
- Experience managing social media platforms effectively
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Strong and proven ability to communicate effectively and tactfully online
- Experience publishing on blogs, photo/video sharing sites, social networking with a good online reputation
- Experience and familiarity with Google Docs, HootSuite, WordPress, etc.
- Strong writing skills, with 2-3 samples of varied styles of writing.
- Flexible schedule and comfort traveling to Grass Valley sanctuary 1 time a week and whenever needed.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Design experience suggested but not required.
- Project management experience in digital material and marketing required.
- Able to meet deadlines, under pressure.
- Familiarity with farmed animal issues and veganism.
- Develop and implementation of digital fundraising programs including e-newsletters, e-mail acquisition, online content monetization, digital fundraising via website, e-mail, mobile, and social media.
- Manage engagement and cultivation of leads acquired through online fundraising, and create ways to foster higher giving levels.
- Assist in email marketing to expand re-curring gift program (monthly donors), sponsorship program (animal foster sponsor), and other online donor acquisition ideas.
- Assist with social media coordinator to foster member cultivation on social media, web, mobile, and developing platforms.
- Create digital fundraising and membership procedures to ensure digital donors receive a structured, appropriate online and digital giving opportunities.
- Work with the education director to set benchmarks across all digital fundraising channels.
- Evaluate and reports monthly on project accomplishments and budgets. Analyze data and make recommendations.
- Improve response rates and increase online donor retention.
- Promote the work of the sanctuary through online media.
- Assist with online and offline fundraising efforts.
Social Media Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the management of social media for the organization included but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Blog, Pinterest, YouTube
- Expand online presence
- Write articles/blogs related to Animal Place’s mission
- Create content related to Animal Place and its mission for social media channels
- Assist in the update and maintenance of website
- Coordinate the weekly e-alert to subscribers
- Stay informed on news and media related to social media and animal rights
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Education Director
- Work directly with Education department on effective use of social tools to promote our message, content, and campaigns
- Assist in the integration of social and mobile media into organization’s platform and messaging
- Manage potential advertising in social media
- Track analytic data with certain social media platforms and track effectiveness
Benefits: Health insurance, vacation package
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media & Digital Fundraising Coordinator in subject line.
About Animal Place: Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary for farmed animals and an education/advocacy organization. It operates several facilities: a 600-acre permanent sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA; a 60-acre farmed animal adoption center in Vacaville, CA; a brick and mortar vegan store in Berkeley, CA; a 15-acre residential internship property in Grass Valley; and a 7-acre onsite Guest House and educational site in Grass Valley, CA (next door to the sanctuary).
Please visit our website prior to applying: www.animalplace.org