We understand it can feel like there are never enough hours in the day. Between making time for yourself, work, your family, and responsibilities, it’s easy for nutrition to fall through the cracks.
If you’re looking to save time in the long run, we recommend meal prep. With a little work, you save time, money, and some sanity!
Here are a few tricks to make it as seamless as possible:
- Keep it simple. Start with less ingredients and follow one pot recipes.
- Cold meals are less work and easy for on the go!
- Plan your meals before grocery shopping. Or prepare and portion ingredients to make them easier to throw together the morning of.
- Give yourself breaks. You don’t need to prep it all in one day.
- If you’re on a budget, frozen, seasonal, in-house brands, and bulk are the way to go!
- Make it fun! Throw on some music, ask a loved one to join, or binge your favorite show to make it feel like less work.
A nutritional and timely balanced lifestyle is more accessible than ever. Here are a few favorite recipes that you can prepare in bulk and plan ahead of time.
A meal you can eat hot or cold – Nutritiously Easy Vegan Pesto Pasta
Switching out veggies, grains or dressings can easily spice this salad up – Love and Lemons Orzo Salad
A flavorful and nutritious dish straight from Louisiana- Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures Jambalaya
Sweet, spicy, protein packed curry with budget-friendly ingredients- Rainbow Plant Life Red Lentil Curry
Flavorful quinoa based dish with latin spices and an easy clean-up – Gathering Dreams One-Pan Mexican Quinoa
Pro Tip: Every day you keep an animal off your plate saves 1 life, 1,100 gallons of water, 40 pounds of grain, 30 sq ft of forest, and 20 lbs CO2.
What are your favorite plant-based dishes to cook in bulk? Drop a comment here to help out newer vegans with meal ideas!
Written by Membership Coordinator Stevie Walsh