Come and Meet the Animals!
**Important note: There is a Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza outbreak in the United States. For the safety of our birds, the chicken/turkey barns are closed to the public. If you have chickens, pigeons, parrots, or other birds, we recommend wearing clean shoes/clothes to our property and changing your clothes before handling your birds.
There are several ways you can meet the animals at our Grass Valley 600-acre farm animal sanctuary located at 17314 McCourtney Road, Grass Valley, CA 95949.
- Self-guided tours – Stop by Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm and check out the animals while they play, lounge, snooze, and chat safely in their enclosures and barns. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for our sanctuary and see how content, happy, and safe all the animals are here. Self-guided tours do not allow you direct access to the animals.
- Guided tours – are generally on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the spring, summer, and fall. Each tour is $15/person and lasts 1.5 hours. This is your chance to interact directly with many of the residents, learn their powerful stories, and walk away with a deeper appreciation for life. LONG PANTS ARE MANDATORY, AND BOOTS ARE PROVIDED DURING RATTLESNAKE SEASON. Pre-registration is required. Book a tour.
- Available all year -Private tours are available year-round and are perfect for birthdays, anniversary celebrations, private gatherings, or for anyone who wants an intimate tour. Each tour is two hours and is led by one of our expert tour guides. You will meet and greet with most of the animals at the sanctuary. Scheduling is generally flexible with most days of the week/weekend available. Private tours are $150 for up to 6 guests. Email us to set up a private tour (email@example.com)
- (CLOSED) School tours are available year-round and range in price from $3-10/student, depending on your needs. They range in time from 1-2 hours, depending on the age of the group. Email us to set up a class visit. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- (CLOSED) Our Guest House is available for daily rentals and includes a 30-minute tour or a longer tour, for an additional fee. Rent a bed, room, or the whole house, located on 7 acres next door to our 600-acre Grass Valley sanctuary. Join animal caregivers for morning chores and enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast.
- Leave companion animals at home: Many of our sanctuary residents are afraid of or aggressive toward unknown dogs and the summer weather is too hot to leave dogs in cars. Please leave your companion animals at home, where they will be comfortable and safe.
- Long pants and boots required: If you are attending a guided tour, you will need to wear long pants and boots (boots are available for your use). This is for your safety. If you are on a self-guided tour, we recommend closed-toed shoes and long pants between the months of April and October, due to the presence of rattlesnakes.
- Food: You are welcome to bring vegan/plant-based food for yourself and enjoy a picnic lunch under our pavilion. Food for the animals is not permitted unless you are on a guided/private tour. Many of the animals are on special diets and introducing too much of a new food can harm them.
- Directions: Please review our directions. GPS can sometimes get you lost.
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds are available when you cancel at least two days before your scheduled tour.