Thank you for your interest in interning with Animal Place. Our internship program is *CURRENTLY ON HOLD*, but we encourage you to check back often for any updates!
PUT YOUR COMPASSION INTO ACTION and join us for a sanctuary internship. Animal Place is one of the oldest and largest farmed animal sanctuaries in the country, nestled on 600-acres in Grass Valley, California. Your residential, live-in internship provides an amazing opportunity to learn what it's like to work at a sanctuary doing animal care or advocacy. Interns learn about farmed animal behavior and how to be better advocates for animals!
Get a feel for what interns do by following the Animal Place Sanctuary Interns Facebook Page!
- Age Requirement: 18 and older
- Internship Length: 2 or 3 months, session dates noted under 'How to Apply'.
- Housing: Provided, on-site, living with multiple individuals.
- Food: Interns pay for their own food, weekly trips to the grocery store are provided by Animal Place staff.
- Companion Animals: Not permitted.
- Transportation: Pick-up and drop-off from the Sacramento International Airport is provided by Animal Place for arrival and departure. Interns are welcome and encouraged to bring their own vehicles. Please note: The sanctuary is located 6.5 miles from the nearest town of Grass Valley, 30 miles from Auburn, and 60 miles from Sacramento. The sanctuary is in a rural area and is not walking distance to town.
- Medical Insurance: Interns must provide their own health insurance coverage for the duration of the internship.
- Refundable Deposit: Interns must provide a $200 deposit to secure their spot, which is refunded upon completion of the program. If this is a financial burden, please email [email protected] to ask about our deposit scale, or consider applying for our Intern Scholarship outlined below.
- Capabilities: Applicants should be able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities Document.
HOW TO APPLY
NOTE: Summer internships are the most competitive but we seek and accept interns year-round. Because of the high volume of inquiries, applications are processed at intervals throughout the year.