Palmiers are classic French cookies in a palm leaf shape. Sweet, light and crispy, they are also called French hearts or elephants ears.They are incredibly easy to make and quite addictive, so be aware...
- 1 vegan puff pastry (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- Unthaw the pastry sheet but keep it cold.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar on a working surface. Place the pastry on top. Sprinkle pastry with another 1/4 cup sugar.
- Roll out pastry into a bigger square. My pastry sheet is 9" square and I make it to about a 12" square.
- Roll up one side tightly to the center. And then the other side to the center as shown in the video.
- Freeze rolled pastry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice frozen pastry into a bit less than 1/2" thick pieces. Place on baking sheet with some space between each as the dough will expand.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the cookies. Bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack before serving.
PS: They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!