A plant-based version of the famous Italian pasta sauce with a French twist.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- a dozen crimini mushrooms sliced
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 hot pepper crushed
- 12 oz beef-less ground beef
- 3 14oz cans diced tomatoes
- a splash of red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the onion and bell pepper on medium heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms in separate pan.
- When the onions start to be translucent, add the garlic and hot pepper.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms.
- Brown the beef-less beef in the pan.
- Once the onions are soft enough (taste!), deglaze with a splash of wine.
- Add beef crumbles to the veggie mixture and diced tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend to get the desired texture, et voilá!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!