Teriyaki Tofu Power Bowl
This delicious, nutritious and protein-rich dish will be your new favourite go-to meal for dinner! Ready in under 30 minutes.
- 60 g/2.1oz dry brown rice a little less than 1/3 cup
- 150 g/5.3oz firm tofu 1 heaped cup, cubed
- 30 ml/1oz 2 Tbsp teriyaki marinade (e.g. Kikkoman or Masterfoods are both vegan)
- 100 g/3.5oz frozen shelled soybeans abt 2/3 cup
- 60 g/2.1oz avocado abt 1/3 medium-size avo
- 100 g/3.5oz cucumber abt 1 cup, sliced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook the brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Cube the tofu. Place in a shallow bowl and pour 20ml of the teriyaki sauce on top to marinate.
- In the meantime, steam or boil the soybeans as per packet instructions. Slice the cucumber and the avocado.
- On medium heat, add the tofu with marinade to a non-stick pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Once the rice is ready, place in a bowl along with the tofu cubes, soybeans, cucumber, avocado and drizzle with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!