Tiramisu is an Italian dessert, traditionally made with ladyfinger biscuits dipped in coffee, followed by a cream layer, and topped with cocoa powder. It sometimes also involves liquor like Marsala wine or Amaretto. For this recipe, we wanted to create a super quick vegan version inspired by the Italian classic, featuring almond extract that mirrors the almond taste of Amaretto.
- 2 tsp 4 g espresso powder
- ¼ cup 60 mL boiling water
- ⅓ cup 80 mL cold water
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 cup 240 g plain vegan cream cheese†
- ⅓ cup 80 mL sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tsp 5 mL pure vanilla extract
- 12 digestive cookies
- 1 tsp 2 g cocoa powder
- In a small bowl, dissolve the espresso powder in the boiling water. Then add the cold water and almond extract and mix again.
- To a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Use a electric hand mixer to mix until smooth.
- Break one or two cookies into a few pieces, dropping them into the espresso mixture. Then immediately scoop it out and transfer it to the bottom of your serving cup. Use a spoon to crush the cookies in the cup.
- Spread a layer of cream (about 3 Tbsp) on top, followed by some more cookie pieces that have been dipped in the espresso mixture.
- Add a final layer of cream, and then sift some cocoa powder on top. Enjoy right away, or let it chill for 1 hour in the fridge to let the flavours meld.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!